The MSA Group is looking for a motivated individual to join The MSA Team as a Database Administrator.
The role will be responsible for maintaining all client databases as well as ensure that all data is correctly and proactively managed and that all jobs are completed to a high standard on time and within budget.
- In this role you will have the opportunity to join a progressive Geology department with their primary focus on providing mineral exploration services, large scale mapping and sampling programs in support of national geoscientific initiatives.
- At the MSA Group we offer an experience that embraces diversity, promoting equal opportunity and career development and flexible working arrangements.
Looking for career development and progression? Join us!
About the team
MSA Geologists assist clients by providing world class geological contracting and consulting services.
Their intimate knowledge of international best practice and guidelines of all major reporting codes are practically applied in the work they do, guaranteeing that our clients achieve both technical and compliance objectives and progress their projects efficiently and cost-effectively.
Join our fast-paced and growing team to work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about offering specialist consulting services on national and international projects and who believe in making a difference.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You will be required to :
- Capture, compile, process and display Geospatial data.
- Generate maps and interpretations for internal and public reports.
Qualification and Experience
- BSc Hons, Geography, Geology or relevant Honours level degree
- 2 years’ experience in GIS industry
- Geology/geophysics/mineral exploration related experience is preferred
- SAGC registration advantageous
- Proficient in Arc GIS package
- Image manipulation and conversion
- Utilising standard spatial data processing tools, buffer, split, merge etc.
- Understanding of industry data formats and file types
- Ability to generate visually pleasing maps that can be used for public reporting
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Structured, methodical and logical
- Collaborates well with others
- Proactive and uses initiative
- Results driven
- Good communication skills
Why MSA Group?
At the MSA Group, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential.
The MSA Group opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across various countries globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our South African borders. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements to suit your working pattern.
We’re committed to continually building a safe, collaborative and respectful workplace, where all our people feel valued and accepted. We ensure our people are empowered with knowledge and with a better understanding of different cultures globally to support them in their transition into new working environments.
We are proud to have provided our people with on-the-job training from our specialist in the field, preparing them for global exposure and even greater career opportunities.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the MSA Group Global Talent Standards. These standards were designed to provide our clients with an exceptional and consistent MSA Group employee experience globally.
If you have any questions about the role, contact Dineo Bopape from our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d love to hear from you.
At the MSA Group, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com