The MSA Group
The MSA Group is South Africa’s leading mineral exploration and evaluation consultants and has been a trusted service provider to the Mining Industry for over 40 years. Our track record is synonymous with quality, technical integrity, and the highest standards of health, safety, and environmental compliance. The MSA Group provides specialist services on numerous international and national projects across numerous commodities and reports on all major mining stock exchanges. The MSA Group’s services encompass Exploration and Geology, Mineral Resource Estimation, Mining Studies, and Environmental Consulting.
Our Geology department consists of a team of highly experienced Project Managers and Geologists who are supported by our comprehensive Health and Safety procedures and customised training, maintained and endorsed through our ISO 45001 certification. Our team is collaborative, empowering, welcoming and fun. The heads of departments are confident leaders with extensive experience in their respective field, who value and support every member of their team.
At the MSA Group we offer an experience that embraces diversity, promoting equal opportunity and career development and flexible working arrangements. Looking for career development and progression? Join us!
About the team
MSA Geologists assist clients by providing world class geological contracting and consulting services. Their intimate knowledge of international best practice and guidelines of all major reporting codes are practically applied in the work they do, guaranteeing that our clients achieve both technical and compliance objectives and progress their projects efficiently and cost-effectively.
Join our fast-paced and growing team to work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about offering specialist consulting services on national and international projects and who believe in making a difference.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
The successful candidate will be responsible for management and co-ordination of executing mineral exploration projects in Saudi Arabia. This includes project, financial, technical, administrative, personnel, health and safety and QC and subcontractor management. The role requires strong technical focus with the candidate having the ability to understand key drivers of success in a mineral exploration programmes and to design work programmes to address these. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to manage projects to completion on time and budget is a must.
We’re looking for a candidate with rare earth element experience and the following qualification/experience/skills and mindset:
- Post-Graduate degree in Geology.
- Compulsory 20+ years Geological consulting experience.
- Must have atleast 3-4 years Rare Earth Element (REE) experience (candidates without REE experience will not be considered).
- Excellent technical knowledge and skills and up to date familiarity with technical and other trends within the industry.
- Technical expertise should be at a CP/QP level.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish strong relationships with staff and clients.
- Multi-commodity experience with a focus on gold and base metals.
- Practical experience in the implementation of International Health and Safety standards in alignment with relevant legislation and guided by the MSA Health and Safety committee.
- Understanding of the life cycle of mining projects and the commercial and technical drivers for our clients positioned at various stages along this lifecycle.
- Demonstrable track record in the execution and management of exploration projects.
- Significant international operational experience.
- Good leadership skills to direct and motivate staff, by example and through possession of knowledge.
- Ability to accept responsibility and to delegate.
- Speaking, presentation and negotiating skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Understanding of administrative practices as they apply to exploration, evaluation and mining projects.
- Project management.
Why MSA Group?
At the MSA Group, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. The MSA Group opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across various countries globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our South African borders. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements to suit your working pattern.
We’re committed to continually building a safe, collaborative and respectful workplace, where all our people feel valued and accepted. We ensure our people are empowered with knowledge and with a better understanding of different cultures globally to support them in their transition into new working environments.
We are proud to have provided our people with on-the-job training from our specialist in the field, preparing them for global exposure and even greater career opportunities.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now! By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the MSA Group Global Talent Standards. These standards were designed to provide our clients with an exceptional and consistent MSA Group employee experience globally.
If you have any questions about the role, contact Dineo Bopape from our HR team at email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you.
At the MSA Group, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org